I just got back from a trip to Canada, I spent 10 days with my baby sister while she entered a new phase in life. MOTHERHOOD!
Let me tell you about my little sister, Amie. Amie is an addictions Councilor, she loves to make lists and she loves her chickens. Her and her husband have a hobby farm and currently have laying hens. In fact one lives in the house… EWWWWW is right, it’s name is bubbles and has a crooked neck and poops, a lot! Amie is VERY easy going and kind hearted. She is generous and loving. Amie is not just my baby sister she is a friend and I truly love her.
When I arrived she was 4 days over due, so she set out to teach me something's I might need to know. Like how to put chickens to bed.We ate at some of my favourite restaurants that we don’t have in the states.
- Boston Philly Cheese Steak
- Thai Chicken Bites
- Artichoke Spinach Dip from Kelsey’s
- Gramma Lambe’s Cherry Pie
I forced her to nest, we cleaned her front room and bathroom, washed all the floors and got the nursery ready. I made Ganache and strawberry cheesecake for her.
It was fun, I read 4 books (The Host I read 1 1/2 times, loved it) and relaxed.
Friday they gave her gel to induce her. Twice. No go.
Saturday I took Amie to the hospital at 9:00 am and they put her on the drip. That worked. Someone was a little to chipper… So she thought she would practice being in hard labour… Yeah incase you didn’t notice, our family is hilarious!But then it did hurt… But she just couldn’t contain her excitement! This is Rich, he is able to contain his excitement a little better. Can you beg for an epidural? They give you a stylish new hat! This is Danielle, she thought she would help Amie out. Luckily we seen the sign that forbids anyone doing examination besides the hospital staff… Darn! Oh can you tell the epidural workedThis is Amie getting ready to push the baby out… Can you tell what has happened by that smile?Ava Jo is here! So much for the guy who could contain his excitement! Here she is!I do have to say, it was beautiful to see Ava Jo’s arrival, and the feeling in the room while mommy and daddy finally held what they had waited so long for… WHO they had waited for! 8lbs 1 ozHey nurse hands off! At least Aunty Heather is close! haaaa not so bad! Daddy gets to hold his little girl! Ava Jo Beatrice FosterNana and Grand dad come to visit! Oh how Nana (Jo) loves you Ava Jo! Granddad is smitten! Aunt Danielle crying with Ava JOY!
The cute little family!
I have to say my trip was a bundle of emotions. I missed my family so much it hurt my heart. I was so happy to be with Amie during this special time it warmed my heart. And I felt so grateful to so many people!
- Shane for working so hard so I could come! Taking care of 4 kids with no help is HARD work! Plus the financial aspect of it! Thanks babe, I really appreciate it!
- Danielle for being my sisters sister! I have to admit being so far away from your baby sister sucks, so it makes me feel happy that she has someone so close to take care of her…
- Sandy for being her other mother, who doesn’t need one of those! Sandy is a co-worker who always makes sure Amie was doing what she needed to and has a free offer of help when it come to Ava Jo.
- Rich, for loving my sister so much! I had no idea how cute and in love you two are! Keep it up!
Love you baby sister!
I still don’t like you Bubbles!