background

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nurture your children…

AS a Latter Day Saint, it is my belief that it is my sacred duty to bear children, and then to nurture them.

It is my duty as a mother, to teach my children

  • Faith
  • Compassion
  • Charity
  • Love
  • Laughter
  • Individual Worth
  • Virtue

At times it seems like a over whelming responsibility!

I wish I could say that every Monday at 7pm we have family night. Every night at 8 we have family scripture. Each morning I arise at 6am to have prayer with my children.

I could tell you all that, but it would be a big fat lie!

I am not sure why our family struggles so much to keep those simple things in our lives, but we do.

I truly believe to teach all my children these roles, I need to exercise them in my life. I need to act with Faith, Charity and Compassion. I need to show my love, keep my virtue. I need to show my children that like them, I am a daughter of God. I am of great worth!

And I must sometimes just laugh, laugh at my failures at our struggles! Laugh because, darn it feels good!

I guess my point is not so much that you I need to be perfect to raise your children to be righteous, confident Latter Day Saints, I just need to never give up! I need to be all the things I am trying to teach them.

Putting my best foot forward, with each step I take!

No comments:

Post a Comment