Meliah finished her girl scout program, and is now a girl scout! She is hoping a troop opens up so she can join one.
What I took from the night:
1) Create a mission statement, let it be your map to becoming your best self.
2) Fill your day with your “Rocks” and pour the pebbles around. If you first schedule your rocks, you will accomplish your must do’s and then you can fit in the extra’s if there is room.
3)No matter how organized you are, there is still only 24 hours in a day, don’t try to schedule in 36 hours. It won’t happen.
4) A day planner isn’t a fix all, it only works if you write in it, then read it. You need to use it for it to work…
5) I really need to take more notes…
On Thursday Meliah graduated from Rad Kids. Rad kids is a program to empower children. Teach them confidence and safety.
Rad Kid rules
1) No one has the right to hurt me because I am special.
2) I don’t have the right to hurt anyone else, unless they try to hurt me and then I STOP them.
3) If anyone tries to hurt me, trick me or make me feel bad inside, it’s not my fault and I can tell.
Let me tell you I LOVE this program! I highly recommend if you don’t have this program at your school, you help get it going. It is so empowering for the kids! http://www.radkids.org/kidspage.shtml
I also got to go to the parade of homes with my friend Emily. It was so much fun. The houses were amazing, one has a 15,000 sq foot castle… It was crazy, I was worried I might covet, but I got a couple idea’s if we ever do a renovation, and fell in love with a fridge… The only thing I left wanting was a great picture frame I seen in the castle…
Saturday night, I had a GIRL PARTY for a friend Linda’s birthday. It was a lot of fun, pedicures, movie, visiting, artichoke dip, brownies, cake and lots of laughter! Today was father’s day so we made little mini burger and fries for the kids. For whatever reason, I barely took pictures. Oops! I was really impressed, the kids were so excited to make them for their dads, they didn’t eat any of the food! We are in the process of weaning the kids off of snack, I would say they are weaned! Not one bite taken:) Do I not have the cutest sunbeams ever?
As far as the burgers go, I got the idea from http://www.bakerella.com/ I just traced the template onto cardstock to make the basket and fry packaging. I added the fry sauce, because I think fry sauce is hilarious… Not sure why, but I do!